Friday, September 08, 2006

More "language" anomalies

Aloka was taking a bath the other day, and she had a whole bunch of rubber squeaky bath toys in there with her. Josh noticed that some of them were growing mold on the inside and took a few over the the sink to try and clean them out. "We need to get you some new bath toys, Didi" Josh said to her. She replied with a nod "I know...those are totally crap!" We then had to reflect on the frequency in which we say that word, and apparantly Josh and I say crap a whole lot. Children are like little mirrors!

And this morning, I was reading a beautiful new book to Aloka by Elsa Beskow, titled "The Flowers' Festival" and telling her about all the different flowers in the garden. She was engrossed in the book, and then looks up at me and says "I have a flower in my garden back on Vashon Island!" "oh yeah?" I replied. "Yeah, it's called a Butt Flower." I chuckle. She continues, "and it's really reeeeally STINKY!" How am I not supposed to laugh? Such a 3 year old. And where does she get this sense of humor anyway?? I can hear my Dad, Mom, and a multitude of friends right now thinking in a loud voice "ARE YOU KIDDING??" :)

0 comments: