Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Our reindeer visit

A few weeks ago, Josh was up really late at night and heard a loud crunching and chewing outside his office window. His window is up high, maybe 8 feet above the ground. There is a large bush just outside the window and he kept hearing it whacking against the glass.
Suddenly a huge pair of lips was staring right at him through the window! He jumped up and came into the bedroom to wake me up. He said "sweetie, i think there's a moose outside my window!" By the time i got to waking up and coming out to look Josh told me it wasn't actually a moose after all, but in fact 10 or so HUGE elk! There were babies too. It was so cool! I had no idea how enormous elk are, wow!!
I wish i could have gotten some better photos, but as it goes, it was late and our flash kind of spooked them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's really, really amazing. i bet aloka was sad that she missed it!