Friday, March 02, 2007

Where have I been?


It feels like forever since I've been able to post! My computer is officially dead, my hard drive crapped out.
I'm on borrowed time so it might be another couple weeks until my next post, but I wanted to get out an update for all.
Life is extremely busy here for us all. I still haven't gotten anything out of storage, but planning on making a trip down to Spokane next week sometime to at least get my chocolate tempering machine so i can start making truffles and selling them at local cafe's here in town.
I'm thinking about taking a doula training workshop in the spring, which would also include postpartum doula, so in other words, taking care of mama's after childbirth. Flexible hours, decent pay, and I could do it while Aloka is at school.
Aloka just got over yet another stomach flu. I swear, this child gets every stomach flu that's going around, and then some. I'm not sure why she's so predisposed to it, but believe me, having only one set of bed sheets makes for a lot of laundry not to mention creativity when she gets sick. All too often I find myself sleeping on towels, dish towels, and once even clean clothes because she had thrown up in the bed so much one night.
Just around the time of my last post, Dena (Aloka's teacher) had a lovely tea party for the students and their families. The children made thumbprint heart shaped cookies, there was rose tea, and a little present for each parent and each child set at the table, which was also adorned with heart shaped and red accents. The parents got a little set of 3 heart cookie cutters and a nicely printed out shortbread recipe, and the children got a cute little hand felted heart shaped doll. It was wonderful!
Here also is a video and a couple pics of Aloka's new belly dancing costume, which is utterly adorable! And YES, that's Josh wearing a belly dancing costume as well! Something only a father would do, eh? Pure love!

The other day we went cross country skiing up at a friends house, and I got some cute footage of Aloka on her skiis. She really takes to physical activities, and seems to have great coordination. The day was gorgeous, and I'm always in awe at the beauty of the West Kootenay's, our home.


In further news I'm making the big switch over from PC to Mac, so next time I post it will probably be from my new iMac, so exciting!
oh, and one more thing... there's a sweet picture of Nile and Aloka on my friend Melissa's blog, so take a look; her blogs are always fun to read! And that huge awesome carousel she mentions in Spokane is going to get a visit by us next weekend. Can't wait!!
Until then....

0 comments: