Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm overwhelmed and just need to bitch

It's been a while since I've posted because I'm so busy I can't even find time to be online. I'm now juggling a 5-6 days a week job, parenting a four year old, and running a household. I know I'll get used to it eventually, and it wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so dang broke.

I'm so sick and tired of my credit card/debit card being declined. It happens every time I go to the store lately, so I've been avoiding grocery shopping. I'm eating everything that's left in the freezer, and the nights I don't have Aloka I'm eating crackers and peanut butter left over from my salad making days, which I don't think I posted about coming bitterly and abruptly to an end.
I'm sure I'll get my feet under me at some point, but for right now, it feels like everything is falling apart.

Ever since Josh moved, we had to pull all (over 100) boxes out of his basement from the house he had to leave, and go through everything. We divided stuff and I have to say I ended up with the bulk of it after he got the things he wanted for his new house. Now I have boxes filling my front porch, basement, and living room, all needing to be gone through and gotten rid of. There's really not much in there that either of us even want anymore, and a lot of it is just piles of paperwork and crap.
I had to go through 8 giant rubbermaid bins full of pantry food.
Originally, I thought we'd only be without our things for a couple months at most when we first moved, so i brought all our dry goods, thinking how expensive it would be to replace it all. Well, it turns out it was in storage for 1.5 years, so all the food went bad/stale/rancid. We had lots of jars full of flours, and grains, even boxes of crackers.

So my house has been extremely not uplifting, which is probably also why I've been so grumpy lately. I finally did some rearranging of mine and Aloka's bedrooms last night after she was in bed and it feels a little better. I am going to work all this weekend on trying to go through boxes and clean up this house.
My poor roommate. She has been amazingly tolerant through all this!

Going to bed, g'night.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sabrina! I've been keeping up with your blog from time to time. I wish you weren't feeling so overwhelmed these days. I also wish I were able to help with my mad decluttering skills (obsession). ha ha!

Lily still loves to see Dee Dee in the pictures and video.

Take care and if you like to keep in touch...
Anne (Heather)