Saturday, June 23, 2007

Father's Day pics


Above and Below: Josh and Aloka doing some "car" Parkour, (one of Josh's extreme passions)


I don't have too much time to write (seeing as it's 12am and I should be sleeping!) but I wanted to get these up. We had a great time on Father's Day, and first went to a celebration at Lakeside Park. There were water balloons, bubble making, bird house making, kite making, face painting, shaker making, trolley rides, a fire engine tour and of course the ever-so-festive samba band.
You can tell it was a somewhat "almost-might-maybe-rain" kinda day (sort of a relief after the heat for me!)All the children took they're newly made shakers and made lots of music with them in a grand parade. We all had tons of fun, and it was nice seeing all the dad's walking around with "#1 Dad" ribbons stuck to their shirts.
Aloka saw lots of friends there of course; here's a photo of Aloka and Elora making music with their shakers:

And one more hilarious video I wanted to post; Aloka just out of the blue started walking like a little old lady and I filmed it. It was so funny!

Here's one more video of Josh pushing Aloka and her friend Estelle while they're chanting "higher, higher, the house is on fire" over and over!

And one last and final picture that has nothing to do with Aloka! I got my first truffle order for a grocery store that just put in a really beautiful deli/cafe in the upstairs. I've been playing with my presentation so i'm including a photo (large of course, for maximum drool factor) of the finished product:

0 comments: