Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy birthday to our Goosey!

Aloka turned 4 yesterday. My how time flies and goes slow at the same time!
I wanted to have a little party for her. I had plans on it being outdoors, seeing as it's been in the upper 90's for the past few weeks. Josh, Richard and I all built her a beautiful sandbox for her birthday (pictures to come!). I wanted to have a party outside with everyone bringing something for her to use in her new sandbox. I also bought a cool pool during my last excursion to Target that looks like a big whale and has a mini water slide. The hose attaches to the "blow hole".
BUT, alas. On her birthday, the temperatures plummeted to 21C which felt oh-so-very cold!! I guess that would be about 70F? Brrrrrrrr. :) Definitely not pool worthy. Oh, and not to forget the thunder and lightening storms that were the evening before.
I told Aloka we'd have her other birthday party with cake and friends next week when it gets hot again. It will probably be on Thursday or so.
But we had a really nice day. Josh and I got Aloka her first real bike.













She is a total natural!!
Josh took her out on it today for hours, and she took to it immediately. There are training wheels on it, but she's so comfortable on this thing, she was practically doing wheelies I'm told.
Josh had come over in the morning with an armload full of gifts for her from all of her grandparents, aunts, uncles and us.

























She had so much fun opening everything, and I had made some mini cupcakes so I made her a special peanut butter and chocolate icing which she enjoyed. She still wants a "real" cake though!













Here she is wearing a new tutu that Richard's daughter Beth, who is 15 yrs old, made for her. She loves tutu's and she loves Beth!
Check back in a day or so, as I'll be posting some videos too!

0 comments: