Friday, September 14, 2007

More cupcakes...

Brought these to a little cafe in Crescent Valley (20 minutes outside of town) These are a rich chocolate cupcake with a butter pecan truffle filling and a chocolate ganache icing (vegan):

And I'm also starting to do cookies, because believe it or not, i actually make more per cookie than i do per truffle and not much less than a truffle cake. crazy.

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (vegan):
Also, some other good news is that I got a job at a toy and children's gear store in town called Mountain Baby.

I'll be working around 30 hours a week and I start on October 1st. I'll be doing web orders and inventory, receiving, and front desk clerk (working the floor). There are only 3 other employees, and it's a lovely place to work. They are looking for someone with the same passion I have for running a toy store business, and are hoping to do profit sharing and collaborative work down the road, so it's something I feel lucky to have gotten into. Pay is very low, but lots of room to grow! The woman that owns it is an amazing business woman, and also, coincidentally, the La Leche League leader who helped me with weaning a la hamster.

0 comments: