Thursday, January 04, 2007

Still no chicken pox!

I sort of can't believe it but I actually haven't gotten it yet. I didn't feel like I was going to, it's just so strange seeing as I got that antibody test showing that I definitely had never contracted it before. Maybe I'm one of those lucky immune folks. Anyway, Aloka did splendid as you could probably tell from the last post. She never did get itchy at all, and the pox are almost completely gone now. I'm so happy to have that behind us!
This week has been quite hectic. And I can't post any photos to this post because Josh's computer crashed and all the pics are on his computer, but stay tuned in the next day or so because I'll do another post soon since I haven't for over a week, and this one is so empty!
Oh, one very exciting thing to report (and I wish I had a photo, ha!), my very awesome friend Melissa went down to Spokane and got my vacuum cleaner out of storage!!!! Oh how happy I am to have it back. My dear White Star Miele, my dirt cleaning companion, my dust bunny sucking friend. We have been using a huge and really loud shop-vac, which I hope I never have to use again.
Another strange and surreal thing is that I accidentally sucked up one of Aloka's finger puppets forcing me to have to cut open the old bag to retrieve it. The bag was nearly full of lots of old Vashon dirt! It was so strange what I found in there. It was like looking through a really really gross scrapbook. One full of cat hair, old food chunks, and bits of things that I strangely recognized.
Unfortunately, I don't have any new Miele vacuum bags, and I'm not sure I can find them in Nelson. So, it might be a bit longer of the dreaded Shop-Vac.
Ah, well, I'm just so happy to know our stuff in storage really does exist, and it's not just a strange and far away dream. A dream of things we could have sworn we had, but now are starting to wonder, was it real?

0 comments: