Sunday, May 20, 2007

My amazing child

This is yet another post from Josh, and I'm completely floored at Aloka's art work! I'm kvelling; is that the right spelling? I'll have to look it up in my yiddish dictionary..... (a minute later, after a visit in 'google land') Ok, it's "kveln" or to "beam with pride", or "be delighted in" or "revel in" Yes, this is how I'm feeling!
Anyway, here's Josh's post:


Hello Friends & Family,

Another Aloka Art Session

Adult Paint

Aloka and I paint quite often with her paints, but she has been very curious about my paints and asking if she can paint with "adult paint".
I told her we could soon, and I guess tonight was the night, she even used a long handled brush.
Aloka painted every stroke of these painting without my help or prompting, the subjects and colors were her choice completely, hence the strong use of metallics.

At one point she said: "I have a recipe written down at home for painting ladybugs, first you paint a circle then you paint the head and dots and then the wings and then legs, and then you put the antenna on, and that is how you do it, theeeeee end!"

She is a natural! Here are her works with her description of contents.

When she was done she said: "Perfect, now I can sell them in the market!".
Too cute.

"Momma and baby deer eating berries on a starry night"



"Ladybug eating berries"


While I was busy keeping her and the floor paint free I somehow managed to make
"Frog"



0 comments: