Sunday, May 06, 2007

Still no pictures

I love my new computer. It's the best computer I've had yet. What took me so long to switch to a Mac?? I still haven't gotten the camera thing figured out yet, or shall I say, I don't know where my cable is to hook my camera up to my computer. But once I find that thingy, I'm in business. I have many more photos to post!
Aloka and I have moved into the most beautiful house! It's in uphill, with beautiful views, wood floors, tile in the kitchen with radiant heat, and wonderful gardens and yard. It has a great kitchen and I am in paradise! It's 3 blocks to Aloka's preschool, 2 blocks to a playground (they're installing a water spray park there this summer!) and 5 blocks to my friend Melissa's house. It's a beautiful, sunny house and I have an extra room that I'm going to rent out to help with my rent.

I'm making salads for a popular cafe, and soon I'm going to launch my truffle business. There are so many places I can sell them here. I made some samples and have gotten lots of really great feedback. I'm also going to hit the festivals this summer. There're also outdoor markets twice a week that I can do also.

Aloka is doing really well, and growing SO fast! I can't believe she's going to be 4 this summer. She's chunking out now, which is great to see. She usually does this right before she's sprouts up again. I'm hopefully going to have some pictures of her soon. She's been playing outdoors a ton, now that we're in the full throws of spring. It's so beautiful here, with a nice blend of spring rain, and flowers and green everywhere. Today was so warm and sunny! We can't wait for the beach weather!!

Since I've moved into this new house, Josh and I are now able to go through all our stuff from storage (which we've been storing in his basement). It's really weird. It's quite shocking to see how much "stuff" we had, and how it's such a burden really. I thought my things would make me so happy to have again, and in some ways it's nice to have the familiar belongings back, but in other ways it's a huge burden. We are going to have the hugest most spectacular garage sale i think! There are just so many things I couldn't care less about now. The life we lived in the States was so much more excessive than here. It's so easy to buy 'things' in the US compared to Nelson. Even when I go down to Spokane it's a bit of culture shock seeing how many stores there are, and how each store is just filled with tons and tons of 'stuff' to buy, and places to spend money.
That isn't to say Nelson isn't without it's 'stores full of stuff' either, but it's less consuming somehow. Well, and there's not as many stores. And it's prettier. And Canadian's are wonderful.
Can you tell I like it here?
Speaking of Canadians, my Dad is on his way to becoming one. He just got his "landed immigrant" status, which is incredibly good news and very exciting for all of us. His status helps Josh and I get in a little bit easier too. We get more points now, 72 and you need 67 to get in, woo hoo! It will still be about 1 1/2 years before we get in, but it's still good news nonetheless.

Hopefully I'll be posting soon with pictures!

0 comments: